Work for LaPrairie
Senior Accountant – Calgary, Alberta
Position: Senior Accountant
Company: LaPrairie Works Oilfields Services
Location: Downtown Calgary, Alberta
LaPrairie Works Oilfields Services is a diversified and growing transportation specialist. We come with over 35 years of operating experience in Western Canada, and our core business areas include on and off highway hauling, oilfield services, mine contracting and site services.
LaPrairie Works Oilfields Services is currently recruiting Permanent, Full-time Senior Accountant to join our accounting team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will assist in the day-to-day financial activities of the company including full cycle accounting, preparation of financial reports and quantitative analysis. The Senior Accountant will work closing with the Finance team to prepare and analyze information for both internal and external users. The position requires outstanding communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, effective time management and a drive for continuous improvement.
Candidates with knowledge of the transportation industry will be given preference.
- Completion of the month end processes, including the preparation of month end journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation.
- Assist in the completion of monthly internal and external financial reporting.
- Preparation and analysis of various operational reports, including fuel analysis, monthly truck revenue and job costing.
- Reconciling bank statements and maintaining the general ledger.
- Preparation and filing of GST/PST.
- Ensure intercompany and balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, investigate and adjust variances as needed.
- Create ad-hoc reports and analyses as needed.
- Develop and maintain efficient, effective working processes; actively pursue process improvement.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly and year end close processes.
- Assist with year end review as required.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs various other duties as required by Management.
Skills and Requirements:
- CPA Designation is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in accounting.
- 3-5 years of senior level accounting experience in a similar role.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook); experience working with Explorer Contract Manager (Eclipse) is considered an asset.
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills; high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a growing, dynamic and changing environment.
- Self-motivated individual who is proactive and takes initiative; can work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written); ability to work with multiple organizational levels.
- Optimistic/Collaborative approach and attitude towards work.
- Shows responsibility and confidentiality regarding work related information.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.