Work for LaPrairie
Mining Engineer – Peace River, Alberta
Position: Mining Engineer
Company: Canadian Silica Industries Inc.
Location: Peace River, AB
Canadian Silica Industries Inc. operates an open pit silica mine, a wet process plant and a dry plant to produce industrial and quality grade frac sand for the market.
We are currently searching for a permanent, full-time mining engineer to complement our team at our site in Peace River in Northern Alberta .This position will report to the Site Manager.
This is a site-based position and the candidate must be willing to relocate.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and yearly mine plans.
- Oversee the mining operations, tailings management, roads maintenance and site drainage works.
- Oversee survey for pit requirements, including stockpile inventory and reconciliation, and reporting.r
- Coordinate mining equipment maintenance to attain required availability.
- Prepare production and other reports as required.
- Prepare and/or coordinate mining production and operating data, equipment data and other related operations data as required for statistical analysis, technical evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Assist in the plant operations.
- Assist in the preparation and/or coordination of plant production and operating data, equipment data and other related operations data as required for statistical analysis, technical evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Oversee exploration, geological, geotechnical and other research/studies that needs to be conducted at the site or adjacent property of the company.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS Mining Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 3 years open pit mining experience.
- Knowledge in using a mining software.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
LaPrairie Group of Companies
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.