Work for LaPrairie
Millwright – Peace River, Alberta
Company: Canadian Silica Inc.
Location: Peace River, AB
Canadian Silica Industries Inc. operates an open pit silica mine and runs a wet process plant and a dry plant to produce industrial and quality grade frac sand for the market.
We are currently searching for a permanent, full-time Millwright to complement our team at our site in Peace River, Northern Alberta. This position will report to the Maintenance Lead.
This is a site-based position and the successful candidate must be willing to relocate.
- Perform needed preventive maintenance and necessary repair works of all plant equipment at the site.
- Inspect, test, diagnose, troubleshoot and do the necessary maintenance and repairs of plant equipment like conveyors, pumps, screens, cyclones, hydrosizers, clarifiers, dryer, baghouse, etc.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and principles to install, dismantle, reassemble, replace, repair, and adjust parts and components of equipment, as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to read and understand drawings, blue prints and schematics.
- Ability to organize, plan daily tasks, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office suite
- Must have a valid red seal license to work in Alberta
- Must have common core certificates for a mining operation environment
- Minimum 2 years solid experience as Millwright
To take advantage of this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.