Work for LaPrairie
HSE Supervisor – Saskatchewan
Position: HSE Supervisor
Company: LaPrairie Crane
Closing Date: Open
LaPrairie Crane is one of Canada’s largest independent mobile-crane companies with fleet capabilities
ranging from 5 – 600 tons, including all terrain, boom truck, carry deck, crawler, hydraulic truck, rough
terrain and tower cranes. We are strategically located in Fort Nelson, Fort St. John and Tumbler Ridge
(BC), and Fort McMurray and Grimshaw (Alberta), to service our key markets of Alberta, British
Columbia, Saskatchewan, Northwest and Yukon Territories.
The HSE Supervisor (Saskatchewan). This is a full-time position supporting the HSE function for our
operations and working directly with our client. This role provides HSE support to Line-Management
teams to achieve a safe working environment and meet statutory and contractual requirements.
- Provide professional expertise and guidance in all areas of HSE including direction in incident management and investigation.
- Provide support, advice and direction for line managers and supervisors
- Comply with HSE Policies and promote a safe working environment
- Promote an organizational culture where incidents, hazards and opportunities for improvement are reported, discussed and addressed quickly and efficiently.
- Accountable for the interpretation of the Provincial and Federal OHS legislation as it applies
- Assist with workplace injury claims and review account activity
- Collect and monitor all safety compliant reporting paperwork
- Manage corrective action discipline reports- incident/accident investigations
- Liaison with contractors, third parties, HSE and other internal clients with the provision of presentations to increase awareness of HSE matters.
- Carry out and record regular safety checks, remote site visits and safety inspections with documentation completed in a timely manner
- Coordinates investigation and performs root cause analysis
- Maintain a pro-active approach to the wellbeing of all stakeholders involved
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Saskatchewan on a regular basis, dependent on job locations
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience within Crane and/or Heavy Haul industries
- Experience with e-Compliance is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of oil and gas, mining, and construction operations
- Completion of Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or current standing as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Hold a Certified Health and Safety Auditor designation
- Hold an OSSA BSO Certificate of completion
- Hold a valid drivers’ licence
- Able to work effectively with people of all levels including management, employees, and contractors.
- Highly organized with attention to detail. Able to manage multiple priorities and adapt to fast changing situations.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in an efficient and professional matter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preference will be given to candidates located in central Saskatchewan, preferably within the Saskatoon
and Regina areas.
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in
consideration will be contacted.
Please forward current resume and abstract to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.