Work for LaPrairie
Heavy Duty Mechanic – Fort St. John, B.C.
Position: Heavy Duty Mechanic
Company: LaPrairie Crane
Location: Fort St. John, B.C.
Closing Date: Open
LaPrairie Crane is one of Canada’s largest independent crane companies and are strategically located in Fort Nelson, Fort St. John and Tumbler Ridge (BC), and Fort McMurray and Grimshaw (Alberta), to service our key markets of Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest and Yukon Territories.
We have an immediate opening available for an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic to complement our team of transportation and logistics professionals in Fort St. John, B.C. You will be able to adjust, repair or replace parts and components for cranes and other heavy equipment, including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems, structural, brake and electrical systems. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the candidate is expected to be able to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs. Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Provincial or Interprovincial Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification
- 3rd or 4th year apprentices with applicable experience will also be considered
- Experience with electrical (24 volt) hydraulic troubleshooting
- Demonstrated initiative with sound work ethic
- Energetic individual who is able to work unsupervised in shop or field setting
- Flexibility to accommodate after hours call outs when necessary
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
LaPrairie Crane offers a highly competitive remuneration package plus a range of benefits and genuine opportunities for career progression.
Please submit your resume accompanied by a current (within 30 days) drivers abstract, quoting the position title you wish to apply for to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.