Work for LaPrairie
Accounts Receivable Administrator – Calgary, Alberta
Position: Accounts Receivable Administrator
Company: LaPrairie Works Oilfield Services
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Administrator’s role is focused on compiling and processing data for invoicing and other related billing tasks. The Accounts Receivable Administrator is responsible for ensuring efficient, timely and accurate invoicing, while adhering to all financial / team deadlines.
- Facilitate customer invoicing process, including the compiling of backup documentation
- Processing bills of lading/field tickets and matching to invoices
- Entering information in accounting software, submitting invoices to customers and filing
- Communicating with field personnel to gather required information/data
- Monitoring and reporting on job billing status, including management of unbilled bills of lading, field tickets and third-party recharges
- Maintain and update tracking spreadsheets used for billing, field tickets and other job-related information to ensure accurate accounting and analysis of jobs
- Perform daily processing of financial transactions, including reviewing and reconcile billing and payments according to contracts
- Ensure all client requirements for billing are met
- Communicate with clients and perform collection tasks
- Assist with month end closing
- Data entry and deposits of payments
- Performs various other duties as required
Skills and Requirements:
- Three (3) or more years of accounts receivable/general accounting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the transportation and/or trucking industry is preferred, and these candidates will be given preference.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience working with Explorer Contract Manager (Eclipse) is considered an asset.
- Outstanding communication and superior attention to detail is a must.
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a growing, dynamic and changing environment.
- Mature work ethic and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work with multiple organizational levels.
- Optimistic/Collaborative approach and attitude towards work
- Demonstrates excellent customer service
- Shows responsibility and confidentiality regarding work related information.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.