Work for LaPrairie
Senior Accountant – Calgary, AB
Position: Senior Accountant
Company: LaPrairie Crane
Location: Calgary, AB
The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Controller performing a variety of both administration and accounting support roles. The successful candidate for this position will be someone who enjoys variety and is able to efficiently and successfully multi-task, when required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Accounting Administrator:
- Management of Equipment/ Asset files.
- Analysis of Monthly Fleet and other Asset Reports.
- Preparation and filing of GST/PST.
- Management of the IFTA (International Fuel Tax Agreement) reporting process.
- Responsibility over intercompany recharges.
- Process monthly Executive’s Visa Expense Reports.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of processes and procedures by assisting with system projects and process improvement initiatives, as required.
- Produce other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Other administration and accounting responsibilities, as required.
As the Collections Supervisor:
- Overall management of collections, ensuring compliance with standard policy.
- Oversight of collection calls from the administration clerk.
- Identification of files that require escalation and action to appropriate parties.
- Management of non-responsive files.
- Conduct credit checks on customers and consumers as needed; establish and manage limits.
- Recommend, document and implement policies and procedures that facilitate the consistent and efficient collection of accounts receivable.
- Provide month-end reporting of Accounts Receivable status.
- At least 3 years’ work-related experience in administration/ accounting.
- Collections/ credit control experience and supervisory experience an asset.
- Minimum high school diploma and post-secondary education in accounting, book keeping or business administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting systems and general accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and proficient in data management.
- Eager to learn and comfortable communicating with various departments within the company.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.