Work for LaPrairie
Human Resources (HR) Manager – Calgary, Alberta
Position: Human Resources (HR) Manager
Company: LaPrairie Group of Companies
Location: Calgary, AB
The LaPrairie Group of Companies is an innovative, fast-paced, mid-sized group that has for over 35 years provided a variety of services to the resource, oil and gas, and mining industries – cranes, trucking, mining, silica, aggregates. LaPrairie has businesses it manages in both Western Canada and the USA.
LaPrairie requires a Human Resources (HR) Manager to be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operations of the Human Resources Department. The successful candidate would develop and implement policies, programs and procedures regarding human resource planning, recruitment, collective bargaining, training and development, occupation classification and compensation and benefit administration. They would represent management and participate actively on various joint committees to maintain ongoing relations between management and employees. The Human Resources Manager will develop and manage employment programs, salary compensation and job evaluations, promotions, equal opportunity initiatives, and education and training programs. Providing accurate and up-to-date compliance information for all applicable federal and provincial regulation, as well as in the USA.
LaPrairie offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Generally, your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Monitor and ensure compliance on regulatory matters.
- Harmonize human resource policies, practices, and documentation across the group of companies, while recognizing the industry-specific and unique needs of each business unit.
- Provide guidance and advice to the executive management team on various HR-related matters.
- Administer employment matters and compliance to ensure regulatory mandates and related reporting requirements are met.
- Executing recruitment initiatives for personnel across the companies.
- Conducting regular HR / Industry market surveys, and updating compensation and benefits information.
- Assist with organizational development and drafting job descriptions for various operations.
- Standardize performance management and employee improvement initiatives.
- Provide training to Supervisory / Management staff on the evolving landscape of HR Management issues and case developments in Employment Law.
- Managing all aspects pertaining to HR & Human Rights complaints or concerns.
- Other duties as they would pertain to the HR Manager role.
Skills and Requirements:
- Completion of a professional development program in Human Resources and/or Industrial Relations required.
- 5 + years of Human Resources experience in a management role required.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Experience in managing the processing of salaries, bonuses, commissions, and other forms of compensation.
- Knowledge of audits, income tax forms, stock option programs, health benefits programs, sick pay, retirement plans, and so on.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment.
- Experienced in all aspects of recruitment.
To take advantage of this opportunity, please submit your resume to:
LaPrairie Group of Companies
Human Resources Department
Fax: (403) 767-9932
We encourage all who are qualified and interested to apply in confidence, however, only those in consideration will be contacted.